Tour Colonial Havana
The tour Colonial Havana is something that all foreign visitors should bring along within their plans when they decide to take their vacations in our island. The charm that the capital city transmits is undeniable, perhaps, because it seems to be stocked in time, by the mysteries and the delicious history that this city has in every one of its streets, squares, parks; or simply because of the great number of classical cars that for sure you will be able to appreciate. Beginning our journey in Varadero, it will last approximately 2 hours bordering the north coast of the country, you will be able to enjoy another charming city, Matanzas, which has a spectacular bay. In our journey you will find the Bacunayagua Bridge, which is the tallest one in Cuba, where, if you desires it we can make a stop and enjoying the popular cuban cocktail Piña Colada or simply you can observe the Yurumí Valley’s landscape. Once back in the road you will be able to see among other things the Havana Club rum factory, the Antonio Guiteras Thermoelectric and the very beginning of the beaches of Eastern Havana.
The Tunnel of Havana that crosses over part of the bay with this same name, is the shortest way to enter into the capital city. Once in the city and going through the Malecón (Sea Wall) avenue, you will have a panoramic view of La Fortaleza del Morro – Cabaña, the National Hotel, the Habana Libre Hotel, the Embassy of USA, among other places of interest until we get to the Revolution’s Square where we are going to make a stop. Then we will visit the Central Park, the Alicia Alonso National Theater, the Capitol, the Saratoga Hotel, the Museum of the Revolution, as well as the Bacardi Building and the Floridita Bar that it is one of the most famous bar in Havana. Also, you will have the option to have lunch in a cuban typical food restaurant.
In the afternoon we will visit Old Havana and its Historic Center, which has been declared as a humanity’s patrimony by UNESCO. This is the colonial part of the city and therefore the most ancient, but it is very well conserved. It is mainly composed by four colonial squares: la Plaza de Armas, which is the first square that was built by Spain and the most important, the Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral´s Square), which is located very near to the famous Bodeguita del Medio Bar-Restaurant, the Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and the Plaza de San Francisco of Asís (Francisco of Así’s Square).
Tourist Pole of Varadero
The price includes
The price does not include
– Departure from Varadero.
– A journey of approximately 2 hours, getting through some cities such as Matanzas city.
– Stop at Bacunayagua Bridge where you can be witness of the beautiful cuban landscape and enjoy one of the most popular cocktails of the island, the “Piña Colada”.
– Panoramic view of the surroundings of the Morro-Cabaña fortresses, tunnel of Havana, Malecón Avenue, National Hotel and Habana Libre Hotel.
– Visit to the Revolution Square, Central Park, Alicia Alonso National Theater, Opera House, Capitol Building, Saratoga hotel, former Bacardi Building, Prado Promenade, Sevilla Hotel, Floridita Bar, Museum of the Revolution and former Presidential Palace.
– Lunch at a cuban restaurant where you can enjoy Cuban typical foods.
– After that, a visit to Old Havana in which you can find the Saint Francis of Asis Square, the Arms Square, the Old Square and Cathedral Square, La Bodeguita del Medio Bar, Ambos Mundos Hotel (which was the Ernest Hemingway´s regular bar and hotel in Old Havana).
– Some free time in this place.
– Return to the Hotel or Hostel in Varadero.